CORE Engineering Inc. is a vibrant, progressive consulting engineering firm specializing in mechanical and electrical system designs for the building construction industry and industrial projects.
We have a rewarding opportunity for a Senior Construction Administration Coordinator – Contract Position for a health care client of ours located in Central Newfoundland.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for assisting the client Project Managers in the successful implementation of construction projects. This position may require travel to multiple sites in Central Newfoundland.
- Overseeing of General Contractor and all subtrades in a project to manage plans and timelines and to ensure that project goals are met or exceeded,
- Ensuring that projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, and quality standards to resolve issues and avoid conflict,
- Reporting project progress to the Project Manager on a regular daily basis,
- Reviewing all job contract documents for requirements,
- Other tasks to support the work as required.
What we’re looking for:
- 20+ years experience in the general construction industry,
- Education in relevant fields such as Construction Management or equivalent experience is an asset,
- Good understanding and knowledge of construction and construction activities,
- Read and interpret construction documents, understand trade terms and industry standards (i.e., CCDC),
- Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods, and techniques,
- Detailed understanding of all aspects and disciplines within the project scope,
- Possess communication skills (written and verbal) sufficient to deal with trades people and Project Managers,
- Strong leadership skills, deadline driven with a strong work ethic,
- Willingness to learn and self-educate,
- Strong attention to detail and planning,
- Time management skills, punctual and reliable,
- Must be Canadian Citizen or have Valid work permit,
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- 1 year with possible extension based on project needs and performance.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.